Friday, July 14, 2006

To answer Selina:

Hi Selina,
There is no pressure to refer anyone - it's just an incentive they have started offering.

I've answered dozens of surveys over the past 3-4 years. Sometimes, I just don't feel like doing it, so I don't. Most of the surveys offer between 50 and 200 points for completing them. Some surveys don't offer points - instead you are entered for a cash drawing (which I have _never_ won - I'm not terribly lucky at lotteries - lol!.) All of the surveys tell you before you take them what they are offering - points or a chance on the drawing.

It takes 1000 points to qualify for a gift - they have gifts for 1000 points, 2000 points, 2500 points, etc. There are about 30 different gifts to choose from at each level. There are no strings attached to the gifts - you don't even have to pay postage! No obligation to complete a minimum number of surveys.

Every once in a while, you may be offered a chance to test a new product - I tested a mystery brand of paper towels a couple of years ago. All I had to do was answer two-three questions each week by email for six weeks, and I got ten free rolls of paper towels out of it (pretty nice paper towels, too!). Don't ask me the brand - they never told me! So, its not a scam, and you can get some small gifts out of it.

No comments: