Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Update: Photos of the Kitchen!

Wow - I'm so impressed - DH did a wonderful job on the countertops - these are 2x6 pine boards that he planed and joined to make the custom tops. I stained them, and we've sealed them with a sealer made for floors (hoping that it will be more durable than sealers made for furniture).

I hope you can see the basketweave pattern we used in the corner - I think it came out fantastic! And I am so pleased with how the breadboard edge looks at the end of the peninsula - we used the same technique at each end to keep from having the end grain showing. And do admire the artwork on the fridge - I've been teaching my grandsons how to use watercolors!


Sorry for the mess sitting around - although the sink and diswasher are sitting in place, neither one is actually connected (that will happen this weekend - so DH promised me - lol!), so I'm still trekking to the bathroom to wash dishes, and honestly, it's such a pain, I put it off as long as possible.
I _do_ love to see progress!
Currently stitching: Ornament for the EMS Cross Stitch Board exchange
Currently reading: Empire from the Ashes by David Weber
Currently sewing: Pageant dress for my DGD

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Great job on thse countertops! Your kitchen is coming out really nice.