Friday, November 17, 2006

Books, Books, Books!

A little while ago, Heidi tagged me for Books, Books, Books – I didn’t mean to ignore it, but you know, life’s a stitch! So with no further ado, here are my answers:

1) One book that changed your life:
Too easy – The Holy Bible, KJV
2) One book that you’d read more than once:
I re-read almost all my books – if I have no desire to re-read it, I don’t keep it in my library. Having said that, I decided to go with the first book I ever bought with my own hard-earned money (I was 7 or 8), and still re-read to this day: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
3) One book you’d want on a deserted island:
If it’s truly only one book – the Bible.
4) One book that made you laugh:
Love Conquers All, by Robert Benchley
5) One book that made you cry:
There have been many – but I’ll mention Grumbles From The Grave, not because the book made me cry per se, but because I still cry when I think that Robert Heinlein is no longer with us
6) One book you wish you’d written:
All of them – lol!
7) One book you wish had never been written:
Can’t think of one right off hand
8) One book you’re currently reading:
Just finished Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts
9) One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – because so many people have mentioned it – I’ll probably order it after Christmas – right now, all my spare change is going towards Christmas stuff - YKWIMV?

Currently stitching: A wedding sampler for a friend’s daughter, and some Christmas presents.
Currently reading: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein (re-reading some old faves – no money right now for new books)

And no more posts today - I've done all the catching up I'm going to do for the day!

1 comment:

Sehji said...

Dear Nita,

Surfed here from the EMS forum... I was intrigued by your use of Scripture. [We're missionaries in Bolivia.]

We are GREAT fans of Heinlein, particularly his early works. It's amazing how often we've used TANSTAAFL in our family! :-)

Enjoy The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress... it's a great re-read. And I pray that all stitching, ironing, BREATHING, is done well in time for the wedding!

Hugs,
Cyn Johnson, BBF Missionary to Bolivia
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftClass