Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Courtyard of Alhambra


Let me introduce you to a new designer: Lady Periphaeria. I’ve just completed the stitching on The Courtyard of Alhambra (PD- #4), and it is beautiful! I used 28 count natural linen, and stitched it with Caron Waterlilies® Arroyo. Check out her other designs at Periphaeria Designs.

Now to decide how to finish. Lady Periphaeria shows it finished as a biscornu (always a good choice), but I hate to cover up any of the design by a button or bead in the center. Perhaps a needlecase? Or the start of an accordion book, or a flat fold? Hmm, this is going to take some thought.

Currently stitching: A surprise for the One World, Many Cultures Exchange on the EMS Board
Currently reading: Owlsight by Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been to her shop, shes a fabulous designer and a biscournu enabler, LOL! This came out pretty. I vote for the needlecase. :o)

banu said...

Dear Nita
You have a nice blog, beautiful projects and awesome puppies...

Thank you for your lovely comments about my designs...

Banu