Friday, September 18, 2009

The Friday 56 - 18 Sept 2009


The Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime With Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

The book closest to me is Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon:

Her hand squeezed tight on the receiver and her heart jumped.

I’m re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon to prepare for the issue of the latest: An Echo in the Bone on 22 September 2009. Drums of Autumn is the fourth book (of six), so I’m a little over halfway! It has been years (Drums was published in 1996) since I last read this, and I’m amazed at the numerous details I had forgotten.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

I know what you mean about lost details! My husband doesn't understand how I can read a series over and over again, but every time I find something new!

Anonymous said...

I've been in that situation before!! Great 56!

You can find my 56 HERE

Suzanne said...

I love re-reading favorite series and getting a new book in that series at the same time! That's what I'm doing now too.

PS I love the colors you put into the 56 logo.