Thursday, October 29, 2009

Craft Room Clean-up

For the past year or so, what with family in the hospital (everyone is home and well at the moment, Praise the Lord), my craft room has suffered badly from neglect. That doesn't mean I stopped crafting - oh no, never that! - but it does mean that I wasn't faithful to put supplies back in the proper spot, or even to put away new purchases. And it seemed that everytime we needed to quickly straighten the house - odd bits got tossed into Mama's Craft Room to be put away properly later. My stash diet has meant that there are no recent purchases to be sorted, but the clean-up is taking a while. Here's a pic of what goes out for the garbage pick-up today: The blinds aren't going - they are just down to be cleaned. I didn't take a "before" picture of the craft room - it was too depressing - lol! and the room is not yet ready for an "after" picture, which is another story....

I signed up for SALsuffit mostly to encourage myself to finish off projects that have been hidden away (mostly by the mess - lol!) - but first I needed to find them! One thing I had been wanting was a largish container to sit near my stitching chair to keep WIPs in - so they would be near to hand when the stitching bug bit! I found this basket at the local thrift store, and I think it's perfect! That's five WIPs/UFOs (that I selected from among too many!) in the basket, and Ive set a goal of finishing all five before the end of the year. Wish me luck!

If, like me, you have a surfeit of WIPs/UFOs, join me in a finishing challenge: Five by 2010! If you'd like to participate - add a comment below. At the beginning of January 2010 - we'll look around and see how many of us met the goal - and I'll devise a little crafty prize to award by drawing from all names. On your honor, now - don't include newly started projects - only current WIPs/UFOs allowed.

I'll continue posting finishing ideas here if you need some inspiration - lol!

Thanks for visiting today!

ps - this is post #98

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Good for you! It will feel soooo good to have everything in order. Love the new basket...be sure to keep us updated on your SAL project. Go Nita!