Sunday, October 18, 2009

TUSAL October

It's the new moon - and that means it's time for a TUSAL update. As you can see, my jar is getting pretty full. Let's see, the purpley-blue is from - no, can't tell you about that one - it's for an exchange. How about the pink - nope, that's for an exchange too. The green and dark shell pinks - oops, another exchange. Seems that all I've done in the past month has been exchange stitching!

Wait, I have one I can share. I had a hard time sleeping the other night, and wanted to do a little cross stitching - but not something that would keep me from heading to bed when I got sleepy. This filled the bill: I'm Wicked - a freebie from Stitches 'N Stones Cross Stitch. It's stitched on 14 count dark blue aida with DMC Color Variations floss, and I plan to finish it as a little door knocker. It would have taken no time at all to stitch, but I ended up frogging the W twice!
It was nowhere on my stitching schedule (every moment is scheduled between now and Christmas - how about you?), but since it wasn't scheduled stitching time (insomnia doesn't count!), I don't feel even a twinge of guilt.

I'm really proud that I've been sticking to my stash diet - everything I've been stitching has come straight out of my stash. But I am going have to break down and buy a few skeins of floss - I'm running low on some I'll need for Christmas stitching. And, since this is Post # 91 - I'm looking at de-stashing some things for my 100th post give-away, but I may need to purchase a few things to round out my prizes.

Last weekend was my 2nd DGS's birthday. Like all 9-year-olds, he's Transformers mad. I thought the cake was u-g-g-l-y, but he loved the whatch-ma-callit Transformer on the top (sorry - I can't remember this one's name).
I don't know why all kids like to make hand signs for pics - it's a kid thing!

That's my warm and cuddly pink fleece robe thrown over the chair in the TUSAL picture - we have the first freeze warning of the season for tonight, so I'm keeping snuggly things handy!

That's 'bout all the news this time around.

Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great progress on your TUSAL...love the cake too!

Danielle said...

I love the Wicked freebie. I just printed it out and hope to start it soon. Thanks for the link!