Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Friday 56 12 June 2009


Yes, I know it’s actually Saturday – that’s the story of my life. But here it goes, anyway.

The Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

The book closest to me is Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs.

Primrose clicked to the age column and asked the program to sort by that criterion.
Air TransSouth 228 had carried only six passengers over the age of fifty.

I began reading Kathy Reichs a few months ago. If you are wondering, yes, I picked up one of her books because of the connection to Bones, one of the few TV shows I watch nowadays. So far, I’ve read only two: Death du Jour and Break no Bones. I’ve barely started reading Fatal Voyage, and I may have to make the effort to find all the books in the series so that I can read them in order. I am not finding her writing as compelling as other authors, such as Jodi Picoult or Diana Gabaldon, and I’m wondering if I’ve missed too much of the back story by not reading them in order. I certainly found that true with the JD Robb In Death series and the David Weber Honor Harrington series– I enjoyed them so much more when I went back and read the entire series from the beginning.

Thoughts, anyone?

No comments: