Friday, June 26, 2009

The Friday 56 26 June 2009

Once again I'm on time - will wonders never cease?!

The Rules:

* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

In general, the book closest to me will be what I am currently reading, and that is true this week. The book closest to me is Yankee Pasha The Adventures of Jason Starbuck by Edison Marshall.

"And that blood will tell!"
"Then it's a wonder you came."

"It was the last straw to make me come. No, I'd decided to already, if you were foolish enough to ask me."


One of my passions is collecting antique books. For my collection, I consider anything over 50 years old as an antique. This edition of Yankee Pasha was published in 1948. In 1954, Jeff Chandler and Rhonda Fleming starred in the movie adaptation, also titled Yankee Pasha. Altho current reviews of the book classify it as a romance/action-adventure, it is told in 1st person by the hero, Jason Starbuck. That's certainly not a modern conception of a romance, is it?

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Nice, I love the but of trivia at the end.